[Snort-users] BASE / SQL Server 2008 and 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql' ????

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sun Aug 14 23:14:16 EDT 2011

I'm going with that, and merging with existing tables.

Thank you...

Michael...

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Houghton [mailto:nhoughton at ...1935...]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:59 PM
To: Michael Steele
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] BASE / SQL Server 2008 and
'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql' ????

On Aug 14, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Michael Steele wrote:

> I'm working SQL Server 2008. I know I have to add the main database
> schema file (create_base_tbls_mssql.sql) for BASE. However there is
> another file called 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql'.
>
> Does anyone know what this is for, a purpose?

Since it adds foreign keys to a few tables, I'm guessing it's something to
do with adding referential integrity to the DB schema.

> I'm thinking that it wasn't included in the main
> 'create_base_tbls_mssql.sql' because it's optional?

After reading the comments in the script, it adds referential integrity to
the original DB schema and was written by Kevin Johnson (who used to run the
BASE project) and instead of altering the original work, he added the second
script to provide that option.

-- Author: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson at ...12400...
-- Based upon work by Roman Danyliw <roman at ...438...>

-- - Purpose:
--   Add referential integrity to the database schema

Maybe.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist