[Snort-users] BASE / SQL Server 2008 and 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql' ????

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Sun Aug 14 20:59:14 EDT 2011

On Aug 14, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Michael Steele wrote:

> I'm working SQL Server 2008. I know I have to add the main database schema
> file (create_base_tbls_mssql.sql) for BASE. However there is another file
> called 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql'.
>
> Does anyone know what this is for, a purpose?

Since it adds foreign keys to a few tables, I'm guessing it's something to do with adding referential integrity to the DB schema.

> I'm thinking that it wasn't included in the main
> 'create_base_tbls_mssql.sql' because it's optional?

After reading the comments in the script, it adds referential integrity to the original DB schema and was written by Kevin Johnson (who used to run the BASE project) and instead of altering the original work, he added the second script to provide that option.

-- Author: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson at ...12400...
-- Based upon work by Roman Danyliw <roman at ...438...>

-- - Purpose:
--   Add referential integrity to the database schema

Maybe.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist