[Snort-users] BASE / SQL Server 2008 and 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql' ????

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sun Aug 14 18:36:17 EDT 2011

I'm working SQL Server 2008. I know I have to add the main database schema
file (create_base_tbls_mssql.sql) for BASE. However there is another file
called 'create_base_tbls_mssql_extra.sql'.

Does anyone know what this is for, a purpose?

I'm thinking that it wasn't included in the main
'create_base_tbls_mssql.sql' because it's optional?

Contents:

-----------\
-- Copyright (C) 2004 Kevin Johnson
-- Portions Copyright (C) 2002 Carnegie Mellon University
--
-- Author: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson at ...12400...
-- Based upon work by Roman Danyliw <roman at ...438...>

-- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
-- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
-- the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
-- (at your option) any later version.
--
-- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
-- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of

ALTER TABLE acid_event
  ADD CONSTRAINT acid_event_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE acid_ag_alert
  ADD CONSTRAINT acid_ag_alert_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (ag_sid,ag_cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE iphdr
  ADD CONSTRAINT iphdr_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE tcphdr
  ADD CONSTRAINT tcphdr_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE udphdr
  ADD CONSTRAINT udphdr_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE icmphdr
  ADD CONSTRAINT icmphdr_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE opt
  ADD CONSTRAINT opt_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

ALTER TABLE data
  ADD CONSTRAINT data_fkey_sid_cid
    FOREIGN KEY (sid,cid) REFERENCES event (sid,cid)
    ON DELETE CASCADE
    ON UPDATE CASCADE;

Kindest regards,
Michael...