[Snort-users] Memory Issues W/ DCERPC2

Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC) Nathan-Gibson at ...15095...
Thu Aug 11 01:06:16 EDT 2011

I am also seeing this in the logs when my snort randomly dies.

Aug 10 23:50:59 base out of memory [4380]
Aug 10 23:50:59 base kernel: device eth1 left promiscuous mode

From: Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:46 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Memory Issues W/ DCERPC2

Anyone know how to increase the memory? I started getting these all of the sudden.

FATAL ERROR: dcerpc2: dce2_memory.c(461) Out of memory!

GIBBY
Nathan J. Gibson, MsIA, CISSP, CISM,CCNA, MCSA
IT Architect
Infrastructure Services
The University of Oklahoma HSC
voice: 405.271.2644 x50340
fax:    405.271.2181
Feedback?  Email comments to Chris Hodges<mailto:chris-hodges at ...15095...?subject=Heads%20up%20about%20Gibby>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.