[Snort-users] Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

firnsy firnsy at ...14568...
Mon Aug 8 06:36:06 EDT 2011

G'day James,

Just to clean up the discussion on this list.

The mysql component of the database does have the option to
automatically reconnect on a dropped connection. It's auto discovered at
compile time and is checked using the mysql version number.

If configured correctly and supported by your mysql server, config.h
should yield:

#define MYSQL_HAS_OPT_RECONNECT 1

What this is supposed to do is block the barnyard2 spooler until the
connection has re-established and then continue. Thus you would not miss
any events.

If your config.h has this option and you are in fact missing alerts then
that is a different story, a bug in fact and we'd be happy to here about
it on our mailing list.

Regards,
- firnsy