[Snort-users] Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

James Lay jlay at ...13475...
Sun Aug 7 16:38:38 EDT 2011

>Greetings James,
>
>is your database having some issue?
>
>Where is your database located? On the same system on a remote system?
>
>Is there any network quirks that woul tear down your session?
>
>Are you using a SSL session?
>
>Do you have some timeout values set in your my.conf (server side)?

DB is peachy

Oh it's remote (and on a certain PPPoE link you may be familiar with ;))

Just my ISP 8-|...sometimes my pppoe link bounces..not often, but often
enough (twice a month?).

Negative on SSL (I know...I know.. ;))

Haven't set the server variables yet in my.conf.  I've seen some things
after googling, but I'm hoping to get some recommendations here.  Thank
you.

James

P.S. Joining the barnyard2 groups today so I don't drive everyone in the
snort groups crazy ;)