[Snort-users] Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

Dave Werden dwerden55 at ...131...
Sun Aug 7 13:02:46 EDT 2011

James,

Have you tried adding Barnyard2 to your cron? A quick script to check if it's running and restart if it's not, then have this cron'd at every couple minutes or so? Similar solutions have worked in the past.
Hope that helps a little,

Thanks,
DW

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

----- Reply message -----
From: "James Lay" <jlay at ...13475...>
Date: Sun, Aug 7, 2011 7:52 am
Subject: [Snort-users] Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error
To: "Snort" <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

Hey all,

So yeaŠsometimes my connection goes wonky and drops.  Is there a way to get
barnaryd2 to restart after something like this?  I was under the impression
that one of the benefits of using barnyard2 instead of straight snort->db
was to due away with surprises like this.  Currently I'm log monitoring and
just stopping the process so I can manually start it laterŠhardly a
solution, but at least I don't lose my data.  Anyone have a better solution
to this?  Thanks.

James