[Snort-users] Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

James Lay jlay at ...13475...
Sun Aug 7 07:52:56 EDT 2011

Hey all,

So yeaŠsometimes my connection goes wonky and drops.  Is there a way to get
barnaryd2 to restart after something like this?  I was under the impression
that one of the benefits of using barnyard2 instead of straight snort->db
was to due away with surprises like this.  Currently I'm log monitoring and
just stopping the process so I can manually start it laterŠhardly a
solution, but at least I don't lose my data.  Anyone have a better solution
to this?  Thanks.

James