[Snort-users] When Upgrading Breaks Auto Rule Management

Thu Apr 28 14:13:08 EDT 2011

Isn't this what "snortrules-snapshot-edge.tar.gz" is suppose to
handle? I thought "edge" would give you the most recent version of the
rules you have access to and it would automatically determined
registered user vs. subscription user based on the oink code you give
it?

rule_url=https://www.snort.org/sub-rules/|snortrules-snapshot-edge.tar.gz|<oinkcode>

thx,
Wally