[Snort-users] doc/signature files in Snort-2.9.0.5

Zultan zultan at ...13388...
Wed Apr 27 19:13:49 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Nigel Houghton
Sent: 04/27/11 05:39 PM
To: Dheeraj Gupta
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] doc/signature files in Snort-2.9.0.5

 On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:05:14 +0200, Dheeraj Gupta wrote: > Hi, > I have recently upgraded from Snort 2.8.6.1 to 2.9.0.5. Previously > snort installation had a directory > /snort_install_path/etc/doc/signatures (or something of that sort) > which listed .txt files for all the signatures giving details of the > signature like Affected Systems, Ease of Attack, References, False > Positives etc. However, in the 2.9.0.5 installation I could not find > those files. Have they been removed? I had written a program that > used information contained in those files to extract affected systems > information and verify the alerts. How should I source that > information from current snort installation > > Regards, > Dheeraj Yes. You can find them at: http://www.snort.org/snort-rules/ Where it says "Rule Documentation"
 Is there a command line URL for that?
 "http://www.snort.org/downloads/885" is subject to change, it is not?