[Snort-users] doc/signature files in Snort-2.9.0.5

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Wed Apr 27 13:39:00 EDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:05:14 +0200, Dheeraj Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently upgraded from Snort 2.8.6.1 to 2.9.0.5. Previously
> snort installation had a directory
> /snort_install_path/etc/doc/signatures (or something of that sort)
> which listed .txt files for all the signatures giving details of the
> signature like Affected Systems, Ease of Attack, References, False
> Positives etc. However, in the 2.9.0.5 installation I could not find
> those files. Have they been removed? I had written a program that
> used information contained in those files to extract affected systems
> information and verify the alerts. How should I source that
> information from current snort installation
>
> Regards,
> Dheeraj

Yes.

You can find them at:

 http://www.snort.org/snort-rules/

Where it says "Rule Documentation".

I would point you at the email that went out regarding this change, but
I would hope a simple search of the mailing list archives would get
some results for you.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist