[Snort-users] doc/signature files in Snort-2.9.0.5

Dheeraj Gupta dheeraj.gupta4 at ...11827...
Wed Apr 27 12:05:14 EDT 2011

Hi,
I have recently upgraded from Snort 2.8.6.1 to 2.9.0.5. Previously snort
installation had a directory /snort_install_path/etc/doc/signatures (or
something of that sort) which listed .txt files for all the signatures
giving details of the signature like Affected Systems, Ease of Attack,
References, False Positives etc. However, in the 2.9.0.5 installation I
could not find those files. Have they been removed? I had written a program
that used information contained in those files to extract affected systems
information and verify the alerts. How should I source that information from
current snort installation

Regards,
Dheeraj