[Snort-users] Subscription rules vs Registered rules

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Sun Apr 17 09:32:13 EDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 9:35 AM, "M.Turner Turner" <msbzag at ...11827...> wrote:

> Hi sir
> 1) are this rules (VRT Subscription rules)  configure and organized for best detection ?
> or dont any configuration and organization on these rules? ( in act of any rule , in config , in organize , in number of rules,...)

The rules are organized into categories by function. Policy, p2p, etc. They are further organized into policies "security, balanced, and connectivity".

> 2) what different between Personal and Business rules? ( in act of any rule , in config , in organize , in number of rules,...)

One license is for personal use, the other is for business use in the enterprise.

> 3) what different between Subscription and Registered rules? ( in act of any rule , in config , in organize , in number of rules,...)

Registered users receive their rule updates 30 days after release of the ruleset. Subscription users receive their updates the moment we release them.