[Snort-users] fast patter errors

PAURON, GUILLAUME (GUILLAUME) guillaume.pauron at ...14468...
Fri Apr 15 04:09:55 EDT 2011

Errm sorry, I have probably found the issue.

I am taking new perimeters of snort and the guy that was working on it told me all the devices were in 2.8.6.1, but it seems that on the snort I was trying to update I am in 2.8.5.2 only. (but some are in 2.8.6.1 ... that will be easy to manage :( )

Fast pattern have been implemented in 2.8.6.1?

Regards,
________________________________
De : Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...1935...]
Envoyé : vendredi 15 avril 2011 00:28
À : PAURON, GUILLAUME (GUILLAUME)
Cc : snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Snort-users] fast patter errors

2.8.6.1 does support options to fast pattern. Are you sure that's the version you're using?

Snort -V should tell you.

--
Sent from my iPhone
Forgive my misspellings and briefness

On Apr 14, 2011, at 12:09 PM, "PAURON, GUILLAUME (GUILLAUME)" <guillaume.pauron at ...14468...<mailto:guillaume.pauron at ...14468...>> wrote:
Hello,

We have a snort 2.8.6.1 and we tried to install new ruleset for 2.8.6.1 and we get following errors :

Fast_pattern does not take an argument.

I read some things about installing new rulesets for old versions of snort, but it seems it's not my case.

Someone knows how to solve this ?

Regards,
Pauron Guillaume