[Snort-users] Snort VM monitoring other VMs (virtual environment)

turki turki_00 at ...131...
Wed Apr 13 17:43:15 EDT 2011

Hi Crusty Saint,

kindly, can you explain more on your point "If at all applicable a span-port would do the magic you're looking for."

I really need the help

--- On Tue, 4/12/11, Crusty Saint <saintcrusty at ...11827...> wrote:

From: Crusty Saint <saintcrusty at ...11827...>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort VM monitoring other VMs (virtual environment)
To: "turki" <turki_00 at ...131...>
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Would this not require some sort of vlan set-up ?

http://open.eucalyptus.com/wiki/EucalyptusNetworkConfiguration_v2.0 documents there are multiple network modes available. If at all applicable a span-port would do the magic you're looking for.

2011/4/12 turki <turki_00 at ...131...>

Hi Mike,

Unfortinatly, I am not using VMware products.

I am using Eucalyptus cloud
http://open.eucalyptus.com/