[Snort-users] Snort VM monitoring other VMs (virtual environment)

turki turki_00 at ...131...
Mon Apr 11 15:14:18 EDT 2011

No, it is Eucalyptus Cloud
http://www.eucalyptus.com/
I believe it is using Xen virtualization

--- On Mon, 4/11/11, Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace at ...11827...> wrote:

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace at ...11827...>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort VM monitoring other VMs (virtual environment)
To: "turki" <turki_00 at ...131...>
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Is this a VMWare environment?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:00 PM, turki <turki_00 at ...131...> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to
Snort in general and I have the following question,

I am
running Snort 2.9 on a virtual machine with 1 NIC (eth0) and I manage to detect
and log alerts generated from it. (I will call it Snort-VM)

My question,
if I run another virtual machine (I will call it App-VM)within the same network
of the Snort-VM (same subnet mask). Will I be able to configure Snort-VM to
pick up traffic generated from App-VM?

So in general,

Is it even
possible to let Snort log traffic for other virtual machines?

Thank you,

Forrester Wave Report - Recovery time is now measured in hours and minutes

not days. Key insights are discussed in the 2010 Forrester Wave Report as

part of an in-depth evaluation of disaster recovery service providers.

Forrester found the best-in-class provider in terms of services and vision.

Read this report now!  http://p.sf.net/sfu/ibm-webcastpromo

Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Snort-users list archive: