[Snort-users] Snort VM monitoring other VMs (virtual environment)

turki turki_00 at ...131...
Mon Apr 11 15:00:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am new to
Snort in general and I have the following question,

I am
running Snort 2.9 on a virtual machine with 1 NIC (eth0) and I manage to detect
and log alerts generated from it. (I will call it Snort-VM)

My question,
if I run another virtual machine (I will call it App-VM)within the same network
of the Snort-VM (same subnet mask). Will I be able to configure Snort-VM to
pick up traffic generated from App-VM?

So in general,

Is it even
possible to let Snort log traffic for other virtual machines?

Thank you,