[Snort-users] Homebrew Snort Reactive/Unified2 output

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Thu Apr 7 10:12:40 EDT 2011

Since snort is somehow a pipeline in its current implementation, if you block
on output plugging
(this is why its recommended not to use db output pluggin straight
from snort because in some cases a database write could block for xyz
reason)

Then you will halt packet processing and this could lead to packet drops.

The faster you process the faster snort can go back and do its job.