[Snort-users] First 2011 Snort Webcast Registration is Open!

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Wed Apr 6 16:17:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:02:48 -0700, Lee Fisher wrote:
> On 4/6/11 7:32 AM, Joel Esler wrote:
>> The registration form only asks for a couple things so we can remind you
>> about the event.  Registering for the event does not mean that you will
>> start to receive sales information, we're simply using the information for
>> numbers (how many registered, how many attended) information.
>
> Then please make all this Registration stuff optional, and post an MPEG
> on your web site. Your webmaster can give you information about how many
> people view it. For those that inspired you to write the above
> paragraph, it'd actually solve the problem.
>
> Not only all the registration stuff, but you're making us watch the
> video at your one specified time, which is lame. I'd like to watch it at
> MY leisure.
>
> Plus, WebEx has platform limitations. An MPEG would reach a wider
> audience of users.
>
> My $.02. Thanks.

The registration information is ONLY for people who want to attend the
webcast live. If you want to watch it later, it will be archived, like
all the others, here:
http://www.snort.org/community/snort-webcast-series/

There is no form to fill out to view them.

Yes, webex has platform limitations, yes mpeg would help some people
view the presentation later. We'll take a look at some solutions for
conversion.

You're welcome for the FREE tutorial by the way.

Thanks for getting this going again Joel.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist