[Snort-users] First 2011 Snort Webcast Registration is Open!

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Apr 6 16:05:17 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Lee Fisher <blibbet at ...11827...> wrote:

> On 4/6/11 7:32 AM, Joel Esler wrote:
>
>> The registration form only asks for a couple things so we can remind you
>> about the event.  Registering for the event does not mean that you will
>> start to receive sales information, we're simply using the information for
>> numbers (how many registered, how many attended) information.
>>

> Then please make all this Registration stuff optional, and post an MPEG on
> your web site. Your webmaster can give you information about how many people
> view it. For those that inspired you to write the above paragraph, it'd
> actually solve the problem.
>
> Not only all the registration stuff, but you're making us watch the video
> at your one specified time, which is lame. I'd like to watch it at MY
> leisure.
>
> By attending live you get to ask questions and have them answered,
basically you get to participate.  All the webexes are recorded for future
consumption at anytime without any registration.

> Plus, WebEx has platform limitations. An MPEG would reach a wider audience
> of users.
>
> My $.02. Thanks.

I appreciate it, I'll see what I can do as far as recording it in that
method.

--
Joel Esler | http://blog.snort.org | http://vrt-blog.snort.org |
http://blog.clamav.net