[Snort-users] perfmonitor pre-processor issues

Daniel Shepherd shepdelacreme at ...11827...
Thu Sep 30 20:50:28 EDT 2010

Joel,

I can't provide pcaps unfortunately. The conf file was mostly the default 2.9.0 file. The only changes I had made were to define HOME_NET, EXTERNAL_NET, and some of the various DNS,SMTP, etc variables. As well as to enable the various rules files.

I've investigated a bit further and I don't think the feed I've been given from the network team is sane. It appears to be oversubscribed...and I'm not sure the span is setup properly in that I'm seeing the same packet multiple times. I'm going to have to try and get a decent feed from the network team and go from there.

What they say is true...garbage in...garbage out.

Thanks,
Dan