[Snort-users] how to disable compile-time reload option?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Thu Sep 30 14:58:04 EDT 2010

when snort is compiled with "--enable-reload", can it be disabled in snort.conf?

i've not found anything telling how it may be accomplished in snort.conf and my
WAG based on other snort.conf entries failed... i have tried the following and
snort definitely didn't like it...

   config disable_reload

i have found "--disable-attribute-reload-thread" but it seems to be a command
line option only... does this disable reloading via SIGHUP or just the
attributes reloading?

speaking of the above, what exactly is "attributes"?

where is the above coming from? it is stemming from trying to determine why
snort, in my environment, has three threads running instead of one thread...

current compile time options are:

   --enable-gre
   --enable-mpls
   --enable-targetbased