[Snort-users] sig_id 15362

Alex Kirk akirk at ...1935...
Wed Sep 29 09:38:04 EDT 2010

Please send a PCAP of one of the alerts over to research <at> sourcefire
<dot> com to be sure, but most likely this is not problematic. That's one of
our anomaly rules - i.e. it's technically quite legal to do what we're
looking for in JavaScript, we've just found that it's behavior used by
malicious code.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Greg Lane <greglane at ...14965...>wrote:

>  I have 2 users that I allow to listen to Pandora and I get this alert
> when they first logon in the mornings.
>

> WEB-CLIENT obfuscated javascript excessive fromCharCode - potential attack [sid
> 15362] <http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=15362> [url
> www.cs.ucsb.edu/~marco/blog/2008/10/dom-based-obfuscation-in-malicious-javascript.html]<http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/%7Emarco/blog/2008/10/dom-based-obfuscation-in-malicious-javascript.html> [url
> cansecwest.com/slides07/csw07-nazario.pdf]<http://cansecwest.com/slides07/csw07-nazario.pdf>
>

> Is this a false positive or is there something I should be worried about
> with Pandora.
>

> *Greg Lane*
>
> *IT Manager*
>
> *Lane Enterprises*