[Snort-users] msg update for these, please?

Alex Kirk akirk at ...1935...
Tue Sep 28 14:00:15 EDT 2010

Actually, they both look for PE files headed towards a client - the first
looks for the PE signature itself coming down, the second for a request for
a .exe.

Duplicate messages are generally no fun, though, so how about making the
second one "WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer - .exe in
URI"?

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...>wrote:

> can we get a MSG update for these, please??
>
> OLD:
> 15306   WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer
> 16425   WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer
>
> NEW:
> 15306   WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer to client
> 16425   WEB-CLIENT Portable Executable binary file transfer to server
>
> or some such?
>
> thanks!

Alex Kirk
AEGIS Program Lead