[Snort-users] command line options...

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Fri Sep 24 11:21:51 EDT 2010

http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/releases/

> > etc.  If snort.pc is in an unusual place, set this:
>
> however, i do have this snort.pc file and was looking at it earlier... i
> can say
> that it is much easier to read in raw format than config.log ;)
>
> so, can you or anyone else say what the defaults are in snort if none of
> the
> "VRT recommended compile options" are used?

./configure --help should hint at which are enabled / disabled.  For
example:

  --enable-ipv6            Enable IPv6 support
  --disable-corefiles      Prevent Snort from generating core files

indicate that ip6 is disabled by default and corefiles are enabled by
default.

However, that being just help text, you are better off examining
configure.log or snort.pc for the definitive answer.