[Snort-users] Snort Configurations

Greg Lane greglane at ...14965...
Fri Sep 24 09:48:45 EDT 2010

Did a search on the file for autogenerate and auto and I don't have anything
like that in my snort.conf file

Greg Lane

IT Manager

Lane Enterprises

Email:   <mailto:greglane at ...14965...> greglane at ...14965...

Phone: (228)872-2414

From: Russ Combs [mailto:rcombs at ...1935...]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 8:16 AM
To: Eoin Miller
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort Configurations

You don't happen to have config autogenerate_preprocessor_decoder_rules in
your conf do you?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Eoin Miller
<eoin.miller at ...14586...> wrote:

 Add this to your threshold.conf file:

---snip---
# Get rid of annoying http_inspect alerts
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 19
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 16
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 15
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 14
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 3
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 2
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 4
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 7
---snip---

Those are the ones we get rid of because they alert constantly. If this
isn't working, then the location of the threshold.conf file you are
editing is incorrect and it is not being read when snort is started up.

-- Eoin

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev
Snort-users list archive: