[Snort-users] command line options...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Thu Sep 23 17:34:35 EDT 2010

On 9/23/2010 16:22, Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
> It's definitely in the config.log in the directory where you ran configure/make if you still have that around.

yes, actually, i do still have that on the devel box with its "unique" build
environment... thanks to you and others who have responded... i was hoping that
there was a command line option so that those who get/use pre-compiled versions
of snort would have a method of listing them...

it seems that our build environment is pretty generic and i would have to say
that our snort is compiled with "default options" as there's really nothing
passed to it in configure :?

wonder what we're missing and how important it may be :/

additionally, i wonder how much more memory footprint and processor time
enabling the VRT recommended options will take... our target platforms are
older, small "throw away" boxes that otherwise have no use for many... the base
units i generally recommend only have 512M RAM and 700mhz CPUs... but then
again, our aim is for the "little guys" (SOHO, individuals) to have a decent box
that provides decent protection... snort (in IDS) mode is a nice feature and one
of my projects takes that a step further and provides automated reactive