[Snort-users] problem when starting snort

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Sep 3 12:30:15 EDT 2010

On 9/3/2010 10:07, José R. Cristo Almaguer wrote:
> when I try to run this command snort-c / etc / snort / snort.conf I get the
> following error, I'm using debian squeeze, someone has any idea why.

[TRIM]

> rpc_decode arguments:
>      Ports to decode RPC on: 111 32770 32771 32772 32773 32774 32775 32776
> 32777 32778 32779
>      alert_fragments: INACTIVE
>      alert_large_fragments: INACTIVE
>      alert_incomplete: INACTIVE
>      alert_multiple_requests: INACTIVE
> `trap' para punto de parada/seguimiento

translated, the above says "`Trap' for stopping / tracking" which doesn't make
any sense to me :(

however, it would appear to have something to do with your rpc decoder settings
in your conf file... can you post that section? if it isn't that section, it
would possibly be the next one after rpc...