[Snort-users] Snort home net and external net question

Fri Sep 3 12:11:13 EDT 2010

I had the same problem, and I couldn't find a way to do it, other than using the multiple config option of Snort.

Basically, I have a similar HOME_NET, but I have a range in the middle that is used for VPN, so I have a second snort config running that treats the VPN range(s) as external.

________________________________
From: Andy Berryman [mailto:aberryman at ...14765...]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 8:02 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort home net and external net question

If I have my home net of snort set to:

var HOME_NET [10.215.0.0/16]

How can I make my external net be !$HOME_NET and 10.215.40.0/24 subnet?

Thanks,
Andy Berryman

This message from Cymtec Systems, Inc. contains confidential information and is solely for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it immediately and notify Cymtec Systems, Inc. by telephone at +1.314.993.8700 or by return e-mail.