[Snort-users] Multiple Snort Instances - One Interface

James Thornton james.f.thornton at ...11827...
Fri Oct 29 09:38:12 EDT 2010

All -

On my quad core system, I would like to load-balance traffic from a single
Ethernet device across two or four Snort processes.  Has anyone on the list
accomplished this in the past?  Aside from the PF_RING library, I've had no
success on Internet searches for load balancing software modules that
provide this capability.  Any guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Jim T