[Snort-users] URL to download VRT rules

Alejandro Cabrera Obed aco1967 at ...11827...
Thu Oct 28 11:29:42 EDT 2010

But this is in my oinkcode section fro Snort site:

Downloading with your Oinkcode

*Important Note*

We are changing the way we publish rules. In June 2010 we stopped offering
rules in the "snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT" format. Instead, rules are
released for specific versions of Snort. You will be responsible for
downloading the correct rules release for your version of Snort. The new
versioning mechanism will require a four digit version in the file name. For
the Subscriber and Registered releases of Snort 2.8.6.0 and Snort 2.8.5.3,
the download links would look as follows:

*Subscriber Release*

   -

   http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz/<oinkcode>

   -

   http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz/<oinkcode>

*Registered User Release*

   -

   http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz/<oinkcode>

   -

   http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz/<
<http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz/a9e009e98b55441d6aeb6983048178df82d721b9>oinkcode>

What can I do now ????

2010/10/28 Weir, Jason <jason.weir at ...14916...>

>  I think VRT only supports snort 2.8.6.1 and 2.9 - you will probably have
> to upgrade...
>
> -J

Alejandro Cabrera Obed
aco1967 at ...11827...