[Snort-users] pulledpork setup guide

Jun Wan junwei_wan at ...125...
Mon Oct 25 01:08:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to pulledpork, it seems to be better than Oinkmaster as it updates the so rules and other stuff?!

I am able to setup Snort 2.8.6 with Oinkmaster on Ubunto 10.04 by following David Gullett's setup guide: http://www.symmetrixtech.com/articles/007-updatingsnortandubuntu.pdf, it works well, only one issue, I have to restart my snort very morning as it stops at 2:01~2:02 am after rules update (scheduled rule update happens at 2:00 am every morning).

I would like to use Snort 2.9 with Pulledpork 0.5.0 on Ubunto 10.04 , is there any setup guide ? I can't find anything useful via google or http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/

Any information and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards

John