[Snort-users] Snort 2.9, RHEL 5 and afpacket DAQ [~Solved?]

Rich Graves rcgraves at ...11827...
Thu Oct 21 15:52:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Michael Altizer <maltizer at ...1935...>wrote:

> I've attached an updated version of my previous patch which incorporates
> item 1.

On my box, this fixes snort -c. Thanks.

However, snort -Tc still fails if (snort -c + snort -Tc) buffers are > 49MB.

Using snort --daq pcap -Tc to test config/rule changes is an acceptable
workaround for me, and probably better in most cases (unless you
specifically want to test buffer memory allocation). But it either needs to
be fixed or release-noted.

# snort -T -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
afpacket DAQ configured to passive.
Floating point exception