[Snort-users] (snort_decoder) WARNING: IP dgm len > captured len!

Martin Roecker roecker at ...15003...
Tue Oct 12 05:39:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

since were running snort in version 2.9.0 packets with a
bigger size than 1369 bytes are droped by snort. This happens
when we run snort in inline mode using the ipq daq.

When I start snort in sniffer mode with the pcap daq, I can see
a message "(snort_decoder) WARNING: IP dgm len > captured len!"

Can you tell me what to do to get rid of this message?

Using "config enable_decode_oversized_alerts" in snort.conf as I found
here [1] did not help...

Regards,
Martin

[1]