[Snort-users] daq_static error on snort build

Nerijus Krukauskas nkrukauskas at ...11827...
Fri Oct 8 02:07:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, October 8, 2010 01:45, tgiles at ...14981... wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Any particular trick to handle the "daq_static library not found" error
> message when compiling 2.90 from source?
>
> Compiled libpcap-1.0.0 without issue. daq-0.2 is fine as well. When I go
> to configure snort, I end up with:
>
> ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from...
>
> I spent the past hour or two rooting around on the commandline, trying
> different options without success. All other new requirements for my
> CentOS 5 32 bit testing system (libdnet, bison, flex, etc) are installed
> without a problem.
>
> I re-downloaded all packages, wiped the target directory on several
> occasions, etc. and still can't get snort's build to see any daq_static
> files.

Make sure ld can find your libraries in linking phase. I had to add
/usr/local/lib (that's where libpcap and daq was installed) to
/etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig -v just to see it finds those libs.
After doing this step there's no need to specify all the lib paths in
./configure phase anymore.

--
http://nk99.org/