[Snort-users] daq_static error on snort build

Russ Combs rcombs at ...1935...
Thu Oct 7 19:16:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM, <tgiles at ...14981...> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Any particular trick to handle the "daq_static library not found" error
> message when compiling 2.90 from source?
>
> Compiled libpcap-1.0.0 without issue. daq-0.2 is fine as well. When I go to
> configure snort, I end up with:
>
> ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from...

Have a look at Snort's README.daq.  This sounds like the issue:

Note that configure runs daq-modules-config which must be in your PATH.  If
you
configured the DAQ with a non-standard prefix then you may need to put that
in
your path like this before running configure:

    PATH=/daq/install/prefix:$PATH