[Snort-users] daq_static error on snort build

tgiles at ...14981... tgiles at ...14981...
Thu Oct 7 18:45:52 EDT 2010

Hi, all.

Any particular trick to handle the "daq_static library not found" error message when compiling 2.90 from source?

Compiled libpcap-1.0.0 without issue. daq-0.2 is fine as well. When I go to configure snort, I end up with:

ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from...

I spent the past hour or two rooting around on the commandline, trying different options without success. All other new requirements for my CentOS 5 32 bit testing system (libdnet, bison, flex, etc) are installed without a problem.

I re-downloaded all packages, wiped the target directory on several occasions, etc. and still can't get snort's build to see any daq_static files.

Any thoughts or pointers

Thanks for any input you may have

tom

==
Just in case it will help, here's the exact bits I'm running- pretty much all in order.

## libpcap-1.0.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort ; make && make install

## DAQ
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort --with-libpcap-includes=/opt/snort/include --with-libpcap-libraries=/opt/snort/lib --enable-static

## snort 2.9.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/snort --oldincludedir=/opt/usr/include --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-reload --enable-reload-error-restart --enable-zlib --enable-perfprofiling --with-daq-includes=/opt/snort/include --with-daq-libraries=/opt/snort/lib