[Snort-users] Just Analyzing tcpdump files according to defined rules.

alexandre suzuki alex_o_suzuki at ...131...
Wed Oct 6 23:12:22 EDT 2010

I do not want snort running as a daemon,I just want it to analyze tcpdump files of my Internet connections,detecting intrusions etc. according to the established ruleset.My first attempts were not OK.Can someone show here the right command line options,and eventually any change to snort.conf? -I use snort 2.8.5.1-.
                                                  Thanks.