[Snort-users] Oinkmaster downloads intermittently failing

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Nov 24 09:10:38 EST 2010

On Nov 24, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Weir, Jason wrote:

>>> Thanks Joel,
>>>
>>> It always has worked after waiting 30 minutes or so - just
>> wanted to
>>> let you guys know that there are intermittent issues that have
>>> appeared in the last couple days..
>>>
>>> -J
>>
>> Thanks.  We'll keep an eye on it.  Right now, yours is the
>> only report.
>>
>> Do you have a cron job or something set up to download the
>> rulesets more often, then, let's say once a day?

> I do Joel - but definitly within the 15 minute limit..

Understood.  It's really only necessary to do it perhaps once a day.  We release rules generally once a week, sometimes twice depending on what's going on.

But we always announce it.  I know you know this, just for the rest of the audience.

Joel