[Snort-users] OT: What tap would you recommend?

Eoin Miller eoin.miller at ...14586...
Tue Nov 23 13:50:14 EST 2010

I totally just got spammed by the company Network Critical because of
responing to this thread. I figure SourceFire wouldn't mind knowing that
certain companies are trolling their mailing lists for email addresses
to spam people.

From: Marisa Muscoreil<marisa.muscoreil at ...10452...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:51:08 -0500
Subject: "What TAP would you recommend" Comment on "Snort" thread....
To: eoin.miller at ...14586...

--000325556ffef2861e0495b9819f

--000325556ffef286170495b9819e

Hi there,

Hope all is well. First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Marisa
Muscoreil and I am the Marketing Manager at *Network Critical. *
*
*
*I came across a "Snort" thread that you had commented on titled "What TAP
would you recommend" back at the beginning of November and thought you might
be interested in an article/whitepaper from Network Critical about Data
Monitoring Access and TAPs versus port mirroring/SPAN technology. *

This type of stuff *seriously* pisses me off.

-- Eoin