[Snort-users] Install Snort on Ubuntu with mysql and SnortReports

Brad P azpoulton at ...125...
Wed Nov 10 13:28:48 EST 2010

Does anyone have a link for some really good documentation on how to install Snorby on Ubuntu 10.04? I would love to change over to it from Base, but I don't have any experience with ruby on rails. I have tried a couple of times to install it and it never works. I seem to always get strange errors. I have followed these how to's  without success:

http://groups.google.com/group/snorby
http://arcdigital.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/migrating-from-acid-base-to-snorby-on-ubuntu-9-04-amd64-jaunty/
http://www.red-7.co.uk/2010/03/02/installing-snorby-with-apache2-on-ubuntu-9-04-server/
http://github.com/mephux/Snorby/issues#issue/32

I run into this error:   error: rake aborted! no file found -- initializer