[Snort-users] Any BASE honchos here?

Castle, Shane scastle at ...14946...
Wed Nov 10 11:42:29 EST 2010

I was wondering if any of the folks responsible for BASE are listening
to this list. If so, I have to say that BASE seems not to be maintained
- the web page doesn't list the current release, 1.4.5, and I fear that
it is losing its maintainers. I have had a question on one of the BASE
forums go unanswered for some time now.

This seems a shame, as BASE started out being a robust and convenient
method of tracking Snort alerts. Now it's getting to be an annoyance.

Oh well. I'm seriously looking at implementing Sguil soon - but it
relies a bit on BASE too.

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT