[Snort-users] OT: What tap would you recommend?

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at ...11827...
Fri Nov 5 13:13:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 16:11, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 at ...11827...> wrote:
> I'm curious to know what types of taps people on this list use.
>
> Do you like what you're using?  What are some of the features you like
> and what do you think they could do better?

I've used both NetOptics and Datacom Systems taps.  I've been using
both for years now and only had one of each fail.  Neither failed in a
manner that interrupted the link being monitored.

They both do a range of units, from simple units up to monsters such
as the GigaVUE Ropetin suggests.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
        doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche