[Snort-users] OT: What tap would you recommend?

Ropetin Again ropetin at ...11827...
Fri Nov 5 12:51:03 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 at ...11827...>wrote:

> I'm curious to know what types of taps people on this list use.
>
> Do you like what you're using?  What are some of the features you like
> and what do you think they could do better?

That's a leading question really, it depends on the requirements of a given
project.  Not necessarily a tap per se, but I'm a big fan of Gigamon GigaVUE
420's.  However, they may or may not be overkill depending on what your
needs are.  The main thing I like about it is 'it just works' and I have
never had one fail on me (furiously banging on wood).  The main thing I
don't like about it is that they can be a bear to configure, depending on
how creative you want to be with your spanning.

Can you define your requirements a little bit?

Ropetin