[Snort-users] Snort recommendations

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at ...9240...
Thu Nov 4 13:33:39 EDT 2010

We would also like to know if there is a product out there that, if we have multiple snort devices, we can consolidate into one view.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From: Atkins, Dwane P [mailto:ATKINSD at ...9240...]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:32 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort recommendations

Good day,

We are looking to put snort on our more highly used Vlans and I am looking for some recommendations or guidance in the matter.  We are also doing this on a very limited budget.

We want to use a Linux OS.  We would like a GUI interface to view and modify filters as well as doing some reports.

Is there a link out there that will help us configure a snort device and give us some guidance on the other options we have?

Thank you

Dwane