[Snort-users] Reminder to update PulledPork and Oinkmaster downloads

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed May 26 16:15:57 EDT 2010

All.

As you may know, about 30 days ago, we announced the new rulepack download method for users.

http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2010/04/rule-release-for-today-april-26th-2010.html

Today is that day that we talked about back on April 26th, and if you haven't already, you need to update your URL's within PulledPork, Oinkmaster, or whatever script you are using, to download the correct rulepacks by their correct names.

If you are using 2.8.6.0, and you are a registered (non-subscriber) user, your name should read:
snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz

If you are using 2.8.5.3, and you are a registered (non-subscriber) user, your name should read:
snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz

If you are using 2.8.6.0, and you are a subscriber, your name should read:
snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz

If you are using 2.8.5.3, and you are a subscriber, your name should read:
snortrules-snapshot-2853_s.tar.gz

If you are running legacy versions of Snort, take the opportunity to now update to the current version (2.8.6.0) here:

http://www.snort.org/downloads?

Thank you.

--
Joel Esler