[Snort-users] SF: Someone please update the gen-msg.map in rules tarball

Russell Fulton r.fulton at ...3809...
Wed May 19 21:29:42 EDT 2010

Hi Nigel,

On 20/05/2010, at 1:07 PM, Nigel Houghton wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton at ...3809...> wrote:
>> It is now quite out of date compared with that distributed in the source tarball!
>>
>> Thanks, Russell
>>

> The gen-msg.map in the latest snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz is
> exactly the same as the one in the Snort tarball for 2.8.6.0.
>
> Can you be more specific about the gen-msg.map you are referring to?

http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/oinkcode/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz

I get permission denied when I get the _s file as we decided not to renew our sub.

Should I re-register?

Russell