[Snort-users] Snort with two sniffing interfaces

Alejandro Cabrera Obed aco1967 at ...11827...
Fri May 14 10:13:09 EDT 2010

I tell you I've used two instances of Snort:

One for the sniffing interface #1 and the second for the sniffing interface #2.

So the result is I get both traffic and Snort analyze them succesfully.

Thanks a lot !!!

Alejandro

2010/5/11 Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...>:
> Yes, Seth.  It's possible.
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Seth Art <sethsec at ...11827...> wrote:
>>
>> Also not really familiar with snort on windows, but you should be able
>> to run two instances, each with their own sniffing interface, right?
>>
>> -Seth
>>
>> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Jason Wallace
>> <jason.r.wallace at ...11827...> wrote:
>> > Under Linux this is possible if you bond the NIC's and then do:
>> >
>> > snort -i bond0
>> >
>> > I do not know if the same can be done under Windows...
>> >

>> > Wally

Alejandro Cabrera Obed
aco1967 at ...11827...
www.alejandrocabrera.com.ar