[Snort-users] snort 2.8.6.0 inline (remote sensor) won't connect to mysqld

Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr. lhughes at ...14822...
Tue May 11 19:43:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

We have snort 2.8.6.0 inline working with a local snort database and reporting works.
When we try to have the same sensor now connect to a remote snort mysq database, it won't connect?

We have other snort 2.8.6.0 (non-inline) sensors connect to the same mysql server and they work fine.
All permissions have been entered into the mysql database to allow that remote inline sensor to connect.

When we run snort 2.8.6.0 in the non-inline mode on the same machine, it can connect to the remote database?

Is the inline sensor blocking our connection to the database?

 Thanks,
Larry