[Snort-users] Snort + Barnyard + alert file

Vipul M Sawant vipul.sawant at ...11827...
Fri May 7 22:24:12 EDT 2010

Hi Fábio

You can specify unified output option in /etc/snort/snort.conf to create
unified files. for example -

output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 128
output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

add these lines to snort.conf start barnyard with options -l /var/log/snort
and -f snort.alert

Thanks,
Vipul